The Improved Cook Stoves for Households and Institutions Project
The objective of the project is to enable women and men from rural and peri-urban households and institutions to acquire, use and maintain energy efficient wood-fuel cook stoves.
The results that the project will be achieving:
- Fuel efficient woodfuel stoves available to, and within reach of, rural households and institutions in the action areas.
- Rural and peri-urban households and institutions have acquired and are using and properly maintaining fuel efficient woodfuel stoves.
- Local fuel wood supply being developed to ensure future supply to households and institutions.
- Rural women effectively participate in the project both as entrepreneurs and as beneficiaries of the action
The main activities that are being implemented:
- Train ICS manufacturers and installers and fuelwood producers on relevant techniques
- Facilitate establishment and refurbishment of ICS and fuelwood production and selling centres
- Provide BDS services to ICS and fuelwood production entrepreneurs to make their businesses profitable and sustainable
- Provide technical support to entrepreneurs installing ICS and planting trees at buyer‟s place
- Train buyers on operation and maintenance of ICS
- Train households and institutions on production, management and utilization of trees for fuelwood production
- Conduct Awareness campaigns directed at target groups to inform them about benefits and availability of ICS and fuelwood production
- Strengthen the capacity of SCODE and CSOs to manage and implement the action
- Use a gender responsive approach in the implementation, monitoring and evaluating the action
- Share information and knowledge on ICS, Fuelwood and gender related issues
|Countries / Countries
|Duration of project
|Client / partner
||HIVOS and SCODE
||European Commission, through the Energy Facility
|Contact person (within ETC)
||Sheila Oparaocha and Tamara Flink